My housing application file

  • The notice is a period of time determined by your lease regarding your wish to vacate your accommodation. If you want to break your lease free of charge, you must respect it.
  • To add a second guarantor, you must first log into your Adele space and add your second guarantor to your account. However, we inform you that this will not update your file, but only your candidate area. Thus, once you have added the information of your second guarantor, you can notify us by email (at client@adele.org ). We will update your file, and you can then file the supporting documents for your new guarantor.
    We also inform you that some residences require that the two guarantors be under the same tax household to be eligible. Thus, if your second guarantor does not meet this criterion, he alone will have to cover 3 times the amount of the rent, to be considered in the processing of your file.
  • You can file a file quietly from home, on adele.org. Filing is free and without obligation. It's very simple to do this, once you've found the residence (s) of your choice, all you need to do is:
    • click on book: this action does not imply, at this stage, any commitment on your part with adele.org or with the residence. Only the signing of your lease commits you to the operator of the residence
    • complete each of the mandatory fields related to the tenant and the guarantor (s)
    • download the supporting documents requested by the operators of student residences (list provided when submitting your file to your adele.org account in the "My supporting documents" section)
    Only the operator of the residence is authorized to accept or refuse your application, just know that the more complete your file, the faster it will be processed by the residence.
  • If your file is classified Incomplete, it means that you have not completed all the mandatory fields in your file. Your file includes 2 sheets to be completed: an information sheet concerning the tenant and one concerning the guarantor. In order for your file to be submitted to the residence, each of the fields of these 2 sheets must be completed. From the date of creation of your file, you have 7 days to complete it. After this deadline, your file will be canceled. Regarding the supporting documents, you can download them later. Be aware, however, that the faster your file is complete, the faster it will be processed by the residence.
  • Given the number of important requests received by landlords and landlords, a complete file will be processed more quickly. Thus, if your file is incomplete, it cannot be processed and your request will not be successful.
  • You can connect to your ADELE space in order to attach these documents directly to your space, via the "My supporting documents" section. You can add the documents via the list of documents indicated, or via the yellow / orange insert "Free parts". Via the free rooms, you can add as many rooms as you want. However, remember to indicate a description for each part so that they are correctly transmitted.
  • The rental file is the first step in your search for accommodation. It presents the documents necessary to study the tenant's situation and assess his eligibility for housing.
  • The objective of the rental file is to assure the lessor of the reliability of the tenant. The rental file thus provides information on the housing applicant. The documents that make up the file will verify many points, including your identity, your situation or your ability to pay your rent.
  • The documents requested vary depending on the situation of the tenant or the guarantor. The mandatory documents relate to identity, proof of activity, proof of address as well as proof of income that may be requested by the lessor.
    The RIB is part of the constituent parts of the file by the donor organizations, which make payments via direct debit authorizations. This means of payment of the rent requires having the bank details of the tenant or the guarantor. So, although this part is not mandatory, it will be requested very often.
  • Remember to check your ADELE account or your mailbox (as well as your spam or junk files) because the residence may have contacted you and is awaiting action from you. To put all the chances on your side to obtain accommodation, we recommend that you submit multiple applications to other residences. To do this, it's very simple, you just have to duplicate your file when booking in the new residence, so all your personal data and supporting documents will be automatically included.
  • It all depends on the policy of the residence, its availability and the time of year. As a general rule, cases with a longer stay (6 months and more) are favored.
  • List of the supporting documents most frequently requested by the operators of student residences to upload to your adele.org account:
    • copy (scan) of both sides of the valid identity card or passport or residence card for the tenant and the guarantor (s)
    • copy (scan) of the last 3 pay slips of the guarantor (s)
    • copy (scan) of the last tax notice of the tenant or guarantor (s) (4 pages)
    • copy (scan) of the RIB (Bank, Postal or Savings Account Statement) of the tenant and the guarantor (s)
    • copy of the last property tax or rent receipt from the guarantor (s)
    Your supporting documents will only be consulted by the residences concerned and remain confidential.
  • The sooner your file is complete, the faster it will be processed by the residence. As a general rule, the deadline for adding supporting documents is seven days from your filing. In the summer season, given the large number of files submitted, this period can drop to 48 hours. To make your file easier to read and to optimize processing time by the residence, be sure to organize your supporting documents: differentiate the documents concerning the tenant from those of the guarantor, name the free documents you wish to add, respect the formats and file size, try to limit the number of pages to download by grouping them.
  • To add your supporting documents, you must go to your ADELE space, in the "My supporting documents" section. You can add your parts via the list associated with your file or via the yellow box to add free parts. You are not limited to the number of parts you can attach, as you can add them as free parts. Make sure that each of your supporting documents does not exceed 5 MB, and to respect the authorized file formats: .ods, .odt, .docx, .doc, .png, .xlsx, .xls, .gif, .jpeg , .jpg, .txt, .pdf.
  • Typically, private landlords and landlords will require a visit before granting housing to an applicant. However, private serviced residences can book accommodation without going through a visit. Note that, depending on the period, the residences receive numerous applications. As a result, they only show the accommodation to applicants who have submitted an application that has been deemed eligible under their conditions. An eligible file is one decided on ADELE as accepted, pending allocation of housing, or lease sent.
  • Of course, you can take photos. It is even advisable because it will allow you to think carefully about the advisability of renting the apartment. You will also be able to share your impressions with your family, colleagues and friends who may not have been able to accompany you.
  • The owners and private landlords can show you around without filing a prior file. You can then provide the necessary documents during or after your visit. University residences receive many applications, especially in the summer. As a result, they only show the accommodation to applicants who have previously submitted an application that has been deemed eligible under their conditions.

Our Adele service

  • Adele is a free platform with no obligation. Thus, as long as you have not signed a lease, you are not committed to the residence and you can withdraw at any time.
  • The file that you submit to Adele is a housing request file, and not a reservation file. Thus, even if you submit a file to Adele, accommodation is not guaranteed to you.
  • You can submit up to 5 reservation files to increase your chances of obtaining accommodation. When you wish to file a second file with a residence, Adele takes your information and supporting documents to duplicate them with it. You therefore do not have to start the file submission procedure again.
  • You can contact us by e-mail at client@adele.org or by phone at 0890 711 530 (Price of a local call + 0.80 €/min). We are available Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.
  • You must be a student and be at least 12 years old
  • There is no maximum age to obtain the ISIC card
  • The ISIC card usually costs € 13 and is valid from September 1 of year N to December 31 of year N + 1. However, with our ISIC partnership, ADELE can provide you with this card for free, if you live in one of our residences eligible for the offer. You can view the eligible residences using the ISIC pictogram on the residence page. To subscribe to the offer, you can make your request, once your file is finalized, directly in your ADELE space. All you have to do is provide us with proof of address and an identity photo to start the procedure.
  • The ISIC card is valid in more than 134 countries and gives you access to more than 150,000 discounts.

My Adele account

  • Your ADELE account is created automatically as soon as your first file is submitted on our platform. So, as soon as you start the file submission procedure, an email is sent to you containing your username and password. The password is generated automatically, you can change it or keep it. To log into your account, you can click on "My Account". You can then enter your email and password.
  • Your Adele account is personal.
    • Your username is the email address you entered when creating your accommodation reservation file on adele.org
    • your password is either the automatically generated one or your own password
    If you have forgotten your password, you can request a new one by clicking on "Forgot your password?" ". If the email address (your username) is incorrect or if you have forgotten which email address you registered with, contact our customer service on 0890 711 530, or by email at client@adele.org.

My student accommodation

  • All tenants must take out home insurance: it must be presented to the lessor when handing over the keys and / or signing the lease.
  • Many criteria are to be taken into account and weighted according to your wishes. For example, you can think about your budget, your comfort and the amenities offered by this accommodation (common areas, laundry, internet, etc.), or even its location and access to public transport.
  • When you rent a home, you don't just have to take into account the monthly rent, you have to face various costs including:
    • inventory costs and rental fees
    • the security deposit
    • the rent for the current month or the 1st month
    • rental charges
    • housing tax
  • Rental risks are risks incurred when living in a rental. Certain aspects of your rental are not necessarily covered (wear and tear on the accommodation, furniture, etc.). The exclusions of cover in the insurance contract should be carefully checked.
  • Rental charges are expenses relating to rental accommodation (wifi, electricity, water, etc.). You may pay them directly to your lessor or supplier.
  • The monthly costs of the charges will depend in part on your personal consumption. The size of your home and the type of heating will also contribute to this cost.
  • It depends ! In student residences, wifi is most often common and unlimited. It will therefore be included in the price of your rent. However, if you are renting from a private landlord, you will surely have to open a contract.
  • By entering your postal code, you can find out if your home is eligible for fiber. If so, check with the multiple operators to find out their offers and conditions !
  • The earliest would be best. Once your notice has been submitted, you have better visibility on your departure date, so you can start your procedures (termination of service contracts, purchase of boxes, etc.). Note, however, that during the summer, many students move and leave their accommodation. If you want to use movers, then you will have to do it 2 to 3 months in advance.
  • There are currently two labels which will confirm that you are dealing with a serious moving company: the NF certificate and the "specialized mover" logo.
  • Your presence is mandatory on the day of your move, because the movers will surely need some information from you (fragile goods, goods damaged before the move,...) in order to organize themselves for the day.
  • If you decide to move on your own, you have no recourse if your items are damaged or stolen. Also, it is your responsibility that is engaged in the event of property damage (premises) or bodily accidents. If you use the services of professionals, the mover is responsible for any loss or breakage.
  • Your search for accommodation should begin as soon as possible. Depending on the agglomerations or the type of accommodation you are looking for, accommodation can very quickly be rented. If you wait too long, you risk missing out on the accommodation that suits you best. During the start of the school year, it is advisable to start your research in June.
  • Your rent will be calculated in proportion to the number of days of occupancy of the accommodation in the month of your arrival.

Student residences

  • Housing managed by CROUS is primarily allocated on social criteria. Students with low-income families are given priority, and the award criteria are the same as for the scholarship calculation.
  • On adele.org, availability is displayed in real time. If the residence is no longer available, you will not be able to submit a file.
  • Accommodation in student residences is intended primarily for students and interns. However, depending on residences and availability, young workers may also be accepted.
  • Many services, included or in addition, are offered by the residences to facilitate the stay of students. All the services and facilities of the residence are listed on the page of the selected residence.
  • CROUS offers traditional residences (furnished rooms, shared bathrooms, collective kitchenettes, work or relaxation rooms) as well as approved residences (studios, T1, T1 bis, T2 and T3, with collective services: laundry, cafeteria, photocopier , games room, sports room, library, Internet access…).
  • Many services, included or in addition, are offered by the residences to facilitate the stay of students. All the services and facilities of the residence are listed on the page of the selected residence.
  • University residences offer low-rent accommodation to students in financial difficulty and / or far from their home. However, few services are offered and the comfort of the accommodation is minimal.
    The private student residences offer fully equipped and furnished accommodation as well as many services included in the rental price, including common areas.
  • A lot of information is available on our website and on the residence page. Otherwise, you can contact the residence directly by sending them a message in your discussion thread, associated with each ADELE application.
  • Student residences with services have the advantage of offering furnished and fully equipped accommodation in a friendly and secure environment. They also offer many services aimed at making life easier for students within the residence.
  • Once on the page of a student residence on Adele website, we invite you to click on the "+" button to the left of the information concerning the surface of the accommodation. Additional information will be displayed, including that indicating whether the accommodation is open to shared accommodation or not.
  • Shared accommodation is the sharing of accommodation and rent with several people.
  • There are two types of leases for a shared apartment: a joint lease where all are responsible for the common and private parts; and the separate lease: a lease for each tenant.
  • Yes ! All tenants must insure their accommodation.
  • To obtain accommodation in one of these university residences, there is only one procedure: submit a request for a Student Social File (DSE) to the CROUS on which you depend. You can go directly to your CROUS website to make your request.

The rental lease

  • A private lessor is a private person, owner of real estate in the private sector, who leases it in accordance with a lease contract.
  • The operators of student residences will offer to sign a renewable 12-month lease, but if necessary you can terminate it at any time by respecting a notice of 1 to 3 months (depending on whether the accommodation is furnished or not) upon receipt of registered mail.
    We inform you that most of the residences listed on our site offer a minimum rental period of 3 months during the school year (from January). However, during the start of the new school year, the accepted minimum length of stay is 6 months.
  • Once your file has been accepted, you can, depending on the residence, download the rental agreement (says the lease) as well as all the documents put available by the residence on your adele.org account (in particular the surety bond from your guarantor) or receive these documents by mail.
  • Adele is a reservation platform. Thus, for any question relating to your lease, to any post-lease process or claim, we invite you to contact your landlord who is the residence (information on your rental contract).
  • Sometimes ! The electronic lease or by mailing is more and more requested. You should ask this question to the landlord or real estate agent when you meet.
  • It is imperative to keep your lease until it is terminated (until you leave the premises). It can also be used as proof of address if necessary.
  • An unfurnished or "neaked" lease is the rental of an empty dwelling, so you must bring or buy all the furniture you need to live.
  • To be considered as furnished, an accommodation must follow a precise list of furniture and living accessories determined by the law in force. These main elements are:
    • Bedding including duvet or blanket
    • Curtains or shutters for the windows
    • Cooking plates
    • A traditional oven or microwave
    • A refrigerator with freezer or ice compartment
    • Kitchen utensils and dishes
    • A table and seats
    • Storage shelves
    • Maintenance equipment (broom, vacuum cleaner, bucket, etc.)
  • If you are a student or a young worker, it may be better to rent furnished accommodation. This allows you to save on furnishings when you move in. But beware, the rents for furnished rentals are often 10 to 15% higher than the rents for empty housing.
  • The inventory is mandatory, whether for furnished or unfurnished accommodation. It allows you to establish a report with your lessor as to the state of your future rental, and therefore protects you from possible disputes or disagreements.
  • When entering and leaving your accommodation. If you notice any anomalies following your initial inventory, you have 20 days to report it to your landlord.
  • You just need to notify your landlord by respecting the notice period by sending a registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt.

The rental guarantee

  • In France, to rent accommodation, it is almost always compulsory to have a guarantor. This deposit allows the lessor and / or owner to be insured in the event of unpaid rents on the part of the tenant. If you do not have a physical guarantor, you can apply for the guarantee Garantme
  • By standing surety, your surety agrees to pay your rents, charges, and other repairs on your behalf, in the event that you default on payment. He therefore commits his property and income, or even the common property of his couple if he / she is married and if his / her spouse also gives his / her consent.
  • You can turn to a relative or friend, as long as they are eligible for donor criteria. As a general rule, landlords request that your guarantor reside on French soil. He must also have net monthly income greater than 3 times the amount of rent for the residence after deduction of his expenses (rent, loan repayment, etc.). If you had to inform a second guarantor, know that this one must be connected to the same tax household as the first according to the residences. If you cannot benefit from a guarantor in France or eligible under the above conditions, student residences can offer solutions that vary depending on the organization and the lessor.
  • There are plenty of warranty options available to help you rent. Here are a few examples:
    • Rental guarantee by joint surety
    • Rental guarantee without physical deposit: Garantme guarantee
    • Visale Guarantee
    • Guarantee by the security deposit (rental payments in advance)
  • A security deposit is an amount paid to the lessor or owner at the start of the rental. This amount is not mandatory (unless provided for in the contract) and its amount depends on the type of lease.
  • A deposit should be distinguished from a security deposit. Although often confused, a surety designates a person who vouches for the payment of the rent in the event of payment incidents.

Housing assistance

  • You must submit an application for housing aid to CAF, on their website directly. CAF will then come back to you within two weeks to tell you the amount of your assistance.
  • As soon as your lease is signed, do not wait to submit your request to the CAF of the department of your accommodation: the time limit for obtaining is around 3 to 6 weeks after the submission of your complete file (simulation and list of documents to be provided on the CAF website). You can easily make your request online.
  • The calculation of the amounts of housing assistance depends on many criteria (surface of the housing, town, resources of the applicant, ...). The easiest way is to do a simulation with CAF in order to get an idea of the amount of aid that can be granted to you.
  • APL are aid granted for subsidized housing (dwellings whose owner has entered into an agreement with the State). This agreement conditions certain criteria linked to the rental (lease term , access to the property, etc.), and gives entitlement to APL. The ALS are aid granted for non-contracted housing.
  • In order to verify your eligibility for state scholarships, you can submit your DSE file directly on the CROUS website to which you belong. Otherwise, you can also contact your regional council to find out about regional scholarships that do not depend on CROUS.
  • Student loans and credits make it possible to finance tuition fees but also all ancillary expenses related to student life. These student loans have the particularity of offering competitive interest rates. The amount granted varies according to the organizations and the application files.
  • Student loans and credits make it possible to finance tuition fees but also all ancillary expenses related to student life. The student will not have to repay his loan until a few years after taking out, once he finds his first job.

The status of foreign student

  • Foreign students are entitled, like all students, to housing assistance. The only additional document to provide will be the residence permit, valid for more than four months, valid for the current academic year. This measure is applicable to all foreign nationals, including those from Europe.
  • Do not panic ! There are means of moral guarantee. A moral guarantee is generally a service that offers to guarantee you under certain conditions. These can be paid (Garantme) or free (Visale). Be careful, however, not all donors accept moral guarantees. You can then offer them to pay months rent in advance. Each donor may have their own eligibility criteria and may not accept or require certain guarantees.
  • If you need a certificate for a visa application, you must first submit a complete file, with all the necessary supporting documents. If your file is eligible (accepted pending allocation of accommodation), the residence may ask you to pay it a first deposit before providing you with either a provisional lease or an accommodation certificate.


  • In the event that your rental does not go as you expected, you can turn to legal remedies at the Magistrates' Court. However, it is best to go through a conciliation procedure with your landlord or tenant first.
  • It is good to remind the other party of its interest in maintaining the good condition of its accommodation, and to propose a distribution of costs if the responsibilities are shared. You can even call on professionals, who will be able to carry out diagnoses and direct you to the most suitable solutions. You can also call on a conciliator, who can help you find solutions.

A problem encountered on the website

  • Most schools in France are listed on adele.org, however the search engine may not find them. 2 possibilities are available to you:
    • enter the full name of the school or its acronym (eg National School of Administration or ENA)
    • search from the school address
  • Make sure you are on a PC for a better visit to our site. Our site is compatible with phones and tablets, but file submission is best optimized on a computer. Also remember to change your Internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.), because depending on the versions of your browser, you may encounter some bugs.
  • If your city is not on our site, it means that we are not listing any residences in this search area. We therefore invite you to consult other organizations better able to guide you in your research.
  • The Adele platform references nearly 900 residences throughout France, but this does not represent all the organizations and all existing residences. It is therefore possible that we do not have this residence on our site. To make sure, you can contact our sales department on 0890 711 530 (Price of a local call + 0.80 € / min) or by email at client@adele.org.
  • We indicate CROUS residences for information only. You will therefore not be able to submit applications to a CROUS residence via our site. We therefore invite you to contact the CROUS in your region for the housing application procedure.
  • Some of the residences listed on Adele offer electronic signatures. You will then receive the links to the signature by email. It is possible that the first link listed in this email (signature of the lease via the ADELE platform) does not work. You will then have to click on the second link, which will send you directly to the Docusign platform. If the problem persists, do not hesitate to change your browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.), because bugs exist depending on the versions of your Internet browser. Finally, do not hesitate to contact our sales department on 0890 711 530 (price of a local call + 0.80 € / min) or by email at client@adele.org.